Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jones Pear Tree

Second up in our review of Jones Holiday 4-Pack is Pear Tree. I figured to continue on the fruit theme and go with the Pear Tree. For some reason, Candy Cane is the most anticipated flavor for me, I am saving that for last, so the Pear Tree fits perfectly for today, January 1st, 2013.

                                              
With the success of the Sugar Plum, I have high expectations for this one. This time I won't forget to relate my feelings on the bottle. Again, this one has a picture label, a snowman (a female snowperson by looks of her bikini), which is perfect for the holiday season, but also fits into a winter theme. The soda itself reminds me of the plum, in the sense that the plum was a faint purple, the pear is an almost clear yellow, mimicking the natural pear interior.

The pear bites right after turning the screw top, but it's not a burst like the plum. The pear flavor is spot on but this soda lacks some of the carbonation to give the flavor a bit of an extra kick. That, for lack of a better term, flatness, fits a pear but makes for a flavor that is appealing only it's uniqueness, unless the drinker is a big fan of pear flavored anything. I am coming off very negative for this soda but the reality is that I enjoyed it. It was something different, and probably a flavor that no other distributor will duplicate. Pear Tree is a strong part of the Holiday 4-Pack and an interesting flavor, but not something that will find its way into my regular soda rotation.

"I want my 35 cents back. Charlie,
give him the pear." - Mac
"I can't. I just ate it." - Charlie
Overall Taste: 5.5 - Better than average, but pear might not be the best flavor for a carbonated beverage.
Fizz Factor: 4.0 - Almost non-existent, which fits a pear, but not a soda
Appearance: 7.0 - Great label, unique color
Flavor: 7.0 - Perfect for a pear soda, but I think pear itself might not be a coveted flavor for many enthusiasts
I am not disappointed in this flavor. Coming off the spectacular Sugar Plum, I had high expectations but I did not expect to be blown away by the pear soda. The Pear Tree is a great pear soda, but not something for everyday consumption.
From the company: 12 oz has 160 calories, 0g of fat, 39g of carbs, 39g of sugar, and 0g of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment