Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mystery Solved: Mike & Ike Blue Raspberry Fruit Twists

When I originally reviewed Mike & Ike Fruit Twists I joked about the blue raspberry flavor being a "mystery" because when I did the review, my research led me to find that this candy has been out for some time and I figured if I had not seen the blue raspberry flavor by now, I probably wouldn't for some time, or not at all. But it's times like these that show me there is really a "mystery" to the world and life itself. Yesterday while at Six Flags, I found the blue raspberry flavor. At a time when I wasn't looking for them, there they were. My brother and I entered the candy store to buy a mixed bag of gummi for the ride home and I was given a real fruit juice answer to a candy prayer I begged the sugar gods only weeks ago. And...

They are good. Better than, in fact, these Mike & Ike Fruit Twists are my favorite candy going right now. It takes years to become an all-time favorite, seeing as tastes can fade after the initial excitement, but right now I drool when I think of them. I'm making special trips to Walgreen's to stock up. I'm even buying them and putting them in the freezer to keep fresh, removing them hours before eating to allow time to soften up (they're chewier when a little cold). Now I get to taste the blue raspberry? Yes please.


Blue Raspberry: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

I can't even put the twist down to write this blog. They are addictive. I'm not a huge fan of blue raspberry flavored candy as sometimes the flavor comes off sour or overpowering but not here, not even slightly. It is the exact opposite as the strawberry takes over and visually, the filling looks more generous than in the shorter, watermelon, strawberry and green apple twists. The color of the filling is also pink where as the outer twist is blue, giving the candy a striking contrast from interior to exterior. But the taste reigns supreme here; they are as good as the other flavors, and these Mike & Ike Fruit Twists are a unique and extremely succulent candy, one of the best "new" options on the market.

From the company: 1 pack/container has 110 calories, 1g of fat, 25g of carbs, 16g of sugar and less than 1g of protein

My note: There is one twist to a package. The other flavors come 6 to a package and are shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment