Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wonka Kazoozles

While I'm on this binge of eating twists filled with sugar my friend Shane introduced me to Wonka Kazoozles. The ones he brought me were strawberry ropes with watermelon filling and they were thin. I didn't think much of them as a big draw of the Mike & Ike Twists are the thickness. However, I did find some Kazoozles cherry ropes with punch filling the other day so I decided to give them another try. Thank little baby Jesus I did because these ropes are bigger, thicker and exploding with an inner paste/gel that gives off a strong sugary odor as soon as the pack is opened.

Kazoozles - Delickoricious Chewy Candy
The candy is hard to describe other than it's a rope, so picture a long piece of rope licorice despite these Kazoozles definitely being more of a chewy fruit candy. The outer texture of the cherry candy is smooth, resilient and shines beautifully in different colors under different light (ok, that might be a stretch but right now, I'm seeing deep maroons and almost transparent reds mixed together). Inside is where the action is as the super sweet sugary paste, which even looks like a gel at the ends, bombards the taste buds with the sweet-sour 1-2 punch. The combination of the two different tastes and textures is near perfect, with the balance skewing to the paste over the the thin, but generous, outer cherry shell. I'm beyond ecstatic that I picked these up and gave them another chance because I just crushed two packages while writing this post and they were delicious.

I highly recommend trying these candies if you see them out. I wouldn't go as far to say order them right away, but definitely give them a shot if you too are riding the fruit twist addiction from which I am currently suffering (/enjoying).

From the company: 1 package/2 ropes contain 170 calories, 0g of fat, 43g of carbs, 29g of sugar and 0g of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment