Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is it Fate?

Why, on the week I begin a blog about soda, does my local Stop & Shop get a shipment of Mexican Coke, Sprite and Fanta? Is it fate? I think so.

"You did Mammy but I'm just all full of Fanta tonight!"
- Ashley Schaeffer
This is my fridge right now (see pic). At $1.39 a bottle I needed to stock up for multiple reasons. First, Mexican Coke, Sprite and Fanta would make great reviews on this blog. Second, the all natural cane sugar taste of Mexican Coke is absolutely delicious and worth spending the extra dough. I've never even tried Mexican Sprite or Fanta...I can't wait! Third, I need to get it while the gettins good. Stop & Shop will probably not be making monthly purchases for soda from over the border so while its in stock I should, like I said, stock up.

On a side note, I think I have something to do with Stop & Shop buying these in the first place. For the past, oh, let's say 4 years I've been buying the 8 oz glass bottle 6-packs when I could get my hands on them. For maybe the past year I've really ramped up my purchases and recently the store began carrying Diet Coke in glass bottles as well. I started buying those too, if not just to try. So I think maybe Stop & Shop looked for more glass bottle sodas...bigger bottles...I don't know. All I do know is that Stop & Shop just supplied me with Mexican Coke and a great assortment of soda to launch this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment