Monday, September 23, 2013

Starburst Candy Corn

Can I please meet the geniuses at Starburst? I want to shake the hands of the creative people who are bringing us candy innovations such as FavReds, Starburst Jelly Beans, and the new minis. More than that I want to find the people responsible for Starburst Candy Corn because these little gems might be the best candy corn I've ever eaten.

"The Four Main Food Groups: Candy, Candy Canes,
Candy Corns, and syrup." - Buddy
My history with candy corn is a bit spotty. As a child it was not my favorite. As a teen, I found it more appealing as the true flavor of those sugary tips became apparent. My god, I remember the time period when this happened. I just would eat the tips. By college, candy corn was a seasonal treat my mother would supply me with before I treked back to school. I still like it and find it even tastier than ever. I have already broken into the bags for this review and have a few left, staring at me from the tray at my side and I just want to devour them.

I don't think I can say enough about Starburst Candy Corn. It has everything candy corn has: the creaminess, the sugar, and the melt in your mouth feeling as handfuls of the pseudo-vegetable dissolve in your mouth, but with one exception. They taste like Starburst. And because the consistency is that of a candy corn it is the quickest way to get the Starburst goodness into your stomach and bloodstream other than possibly smoking a fruit chew. I don't advise that. I advise that you get out there and check every store and find bags of these and just load up. Get them for the kids. Get them for yourself. Stockpile them. Because in about 6 weeks they might not be around anymore.

Just to note, if you thought the pink Starburst were amazing, just wait. The pink candy corn is out of this world. Every flavor matches it's chew counterpart and the corn has that same strong juicy aftertaste that makes Starburst such a classic candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment